News
Gov. Ganduje donates N250m to victims of market fire disasters in Kano
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State, has donated N250 million to victims of fire outbreaks that engulfed Kurmi, Singa and Rimi markets.
This is contained in a statement on Thursday in Kano, by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Abba Anwar.
It said Gov. Ganduje sympathised with the victims and prayed for Allah’s Blessing and Divine replacement from Allah of what they lost in the outbreak.
“A Committee was raised to screen the magnitude of the tragic disasters, as some victims lost their properties more than others. The committee will look into how individual victims should be assisted,” the statement said.
Ganduje assured that the donation had been handed over to the committee for onward distribution to the affected victims.
In another development, Senator Barau Jibrin, also donated N20 million during the meeting, saying he was only aligning with the humanitarian face of Gov. Ganduje.
Source – NAN
-
Business5 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Latest6 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business5 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Business4 days agoNigeria’s foreign debt climbs 22% to $51.86bn under Tinubu administration
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoIs France Real or Playing Ping Pong With Africa?
-
Comments and Issues5 days agoThe “Onuku” Called Kenneth Okonkwo

