News
Kano govt discovers source of under-age voter video
Kano state government has pinned down the footage showing kids reportedly voting in the state recent local government to 2015 general election.
The blame is now effectively shunted back to INEC which conducted the election.
INEC’s chairman Yakubu Mahmoud had earlier said the state Electoral Commission should take the blame because there was no under-age voters in the voter register the commission handed over to the state body.
But Kano state Commissioner of Information, Muhammad Garba, said Monday the video clip showing underage kids voting, did not happen now.
“It was recorded during the last 30 March 2015 elections,” he said, adding “mischievous persons were behind the spreading of the clips but were missing out in the whole game because what was therein the video happened in 2015.”
Presidential and NASS elections were conducted then.
The state INEC said it is ready for the INEC investigation into the matter.
-
Latest4 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Business3 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business3 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Featured4 days agoObasanjo faults Tinubu’s economic reforms, calls them necessary but poorly designed
-
Business5 days agoAnger, debate trail proposed $1.25bn loan amid concerns over Nigeria’s debt surge
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Latest4 days agoWike says Makinde’s presidential ambition dead on arrival

