Connect with us


Police arrest suspected ritualists



Spread The News

By Mercy Ben-kalio

The Niger state police command has arrested two suspected ritualists in possession of a human head.
Police of the Niger State command has arrested two suspected ritualists possessing a human head.
Abdulrasheed Aminu and Ismaila Mohammed, the suspects,were arrested by men of the tactical squad attached to Niger state police command, National Daily reports.
The command in a statement disclosed that the human head found in possession of the suspects was that of a young man identified as Hassan Abubakar of Bakejeba Paiko LGA. The statement read:
 “On 26/08/2017 at about 2100hrs, following a sustained monitoring by IGP Special Tactical Squad attached to Niger State Police Command two notorious ritualists were arrested in possession of human head of one Hassan Abubakar “m” of Bakajeba Paiko L.G.A .
 “The suspects Abdulrasheed Aminu “m” 22yrs old of Lupa and Ismaila Mohammed “m” 27 old of makera all confessed that they cut off the head with two sharped knife and one of the suspect Ibrahim surname yet unknown of Paiko L.G.A still at large.”
According to the police, the father of the victim, Abubakar Shuaib, said his son was last seen on Saturday, August 26, taking a kettle of water from the house to give an unknown person waiting outside.
Abubakar Shuaib stated that since then, his son had not been found until he heard that the police arrested the suspects with a human head which he later identified to be that of his son. The police said the case was under investigation.
However, a hideout of suspected kidnappers has been uncovered at the Ile Zik area of Oshodi-Ikeja by vigilant residents.
National daily reports that some clothes and other personal items discovered at the alleged den was set ablaze by the mob following the discovery.
 An eye witness who was among those who uncovered the alleged hideout said the den was being used by a mad man. Three suspects believed to be ritualists from the scene were whisked away by the police to prevent them from being lynched by the crowd. One of the suspects was arrested with an i-Phone, according to a statement from the Rapid Response Squad.