Energy
Power Minister assures FG has recovered collapsed National Grid
The Minister of Power, Abubakar Aliyu, on Wednesday disclosed that the federal government has recovered the collapsed national grid.
The minister after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting at the State House, Abuja, presided by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, disclosed that several resolutions emerged from a series of emergency meetings held by the power ministry, where all stakeholders have extensively discussed the issues and resolved all bickering.
The minister reiterated that Nigeria generates up to 8,000 MW.
Aliyu stated the shortage of gas and maintenance of generators, the fuel situation all combined to worsen the problem with the national grid.
The Minister of Power also disclosed that the Federal Executive Council has approved N5 billion to open up and expand Lagos/Ogun, to increase power supply to the two states.
Several states, including Lagos, Rivers, Anambra, etc, experienced long hours of power outage in the past few days. The federal government had earlier said that the low water level at the dam was the cause of inconsistent power supply across the country.
-
Latest4 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Business3 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business3 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Featured4 days agoObasanjo faults Tinubu’s economic reforms, calls them necessary but poorly designed
-
Business5 days agoAnger, debate trail proposed $1.25bn loan amid concerns over Nigeria’s debt surge
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Latest4 days agoWike says Makinde’s presidential ambition dead on arrival

