News
Presidency explains what will happen if Dasuki, Zakzaky allowed to go
Former National Security Adviser Sambo Dasuki may stay longer in detention no matter what courts say because there are other charges for which he hasn’t got bail.
President Muhammadu Buhari media aide Sheu Garba told State House Correspondent on Tuesday while explaining successes te APC government has made so far.
Besides that, security agencies are still conducting investigations on some allegations against the ex-NSA which necessitates his continued detention.
For the leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, IMN, Ibrahim Zakzaky, the government os keeping him in detention to save his neck.
Shehu said the government is anxious over the possibility of a breakdown of law and order Zakzaky is let loose.
ALSO SEE: We’ll resist any coup attempt – Tinubu
“Government has a responsibility to ensure his safety,” Garba said, adding he is not in a prison type of detention. He is in the company of his wife and children voluntarily.
“Government is being compassionate on this matter. There is an overall public good that government is looking at in this matter,” he said.
Zakyzaky was arrested January 2016 when his sect obstructed the passage of COAS Gen Tukur Buratai along a highway in Zaria, leading to a clash between the army and the brotherhood.
-
Latest4 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Business3 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business3 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Featured4 days agoObasanjo faults Tinubu’s economic reforms, calls them necessary but poorly designed
-
Business5 days agoAnger, debate trail proposed $1.25bn loan amid concerns over Nigeria’s debt surge
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Latest4 days agoWike says Makinde’s presidential ambition dead on arrival

