Latest
Sacked Kano SSG threatens explosive revelations against Yusuf, Kwankwaso
Former Secretary to the Kano State Government (SSG), Abdullahi Baffa Bichi, has hinted at a potentially explosive disclosure of alleged misconduct involving Governor Abba Yusuf and his political mentor, Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso.
Bichi claims to possess compromising documents, audio recordings, and videos that he intends to release “at the appropriate time.”
Bichi made this declaration on Thursday while addressing his supporters for the first time since his abrupt dismissal by Governor Yusuf in December 2024, alongside five other commissioners.
The former SSG spoke upon his return from Saudi Arabia, where he had been since his dismissal.
In his remarks, Bichi accused his former political allies of deception and betrayal.
“I’m happy that I finished my tenure in peace. As you know, this is not the best time to talk, but at the appropriate time, we will expose them so that people will understand the kind of people they are,” Bichi said.
“They are not trustworthy. They’re very deceptive. They don’t know anything except treachery and betrayal. They are not people to be trusted.”
Bichi further claimed that he has thoroughly documented his allegations.
“We have documented everything from written to audio and video evidence,” he stated, without providing specifics about the nature of the alleged misconduct.
READ ALSO: Newly appointed governor’s aide dies day after appointment in Kano
The dismissal of Bichi and five commissioners by Governor Yusuf has fueled political tension in Kano State. While the governor has remained silent about the reasons for their removal, political observers suggest internal power struggles within the Kwankwasiyya movement, a political group led by Senator Kwankwaso.
Political analyst Dr. Salisu Muhammad described the development as indicative of deeper divisions within Kano’s political elite.
“Bichi’s allegations suggest unresolved disputes within the Kwankwasiyya movement. If he proceeds with his threat, it could destabilize the political landscape in Kano and damage the movement’s cohesion,” Dr. Muhammad said.
Legal expert Barrister Nafisa Idris cautioned that Bichi’s threats might carry legal consequences.
“Making such claims without substantiating them could expose him to defamation lawsuits. However, if his evidence is credible, it could lead to investigations and political fallout,” Idris explained.
As of press time, neither Governor Yusuf nor Senator Kwankwaso has responded to Bichi’s statements. Supporters of the governor dismissed the former SSG’s comments as “empty threats,” accusing him of sour grapes following his dismissal.
Bichi’s promise to reveal the alleged evidence has sparked widespread speculation about its content and potential ramifications. Political observers believe any disclosure could have far-reaching implications for Kano’s political dynamics, especially as the 2027 elections approach.
For now, the former SSG’s statements have intensified scrutiny on the inner workings of Kano’s political leadership, leaving many waiting to see if Bichi will follow through on his promise.
-
Featured6 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business1 week agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Business7 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Featured6 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest6 days agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Business1 week agoDeep offshore tax order to unlock $50bn investment, boost oil output–Ojulari
-
Business1 week agoPound climbs to N1,837 as Naira holds steady amid stronger FX market liquidity
-
Latest6 days agoOsun poll: Chaos in Ejigbo as voters, INEC officials run for safety


