Crime
Scores killed as gunmen attack Catholic Church (Graphic Content)
Earlier this morning, unknown gunmen stormed the St. Philips Catholic Church, Ozubulu in Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra, killing scores of worshippers and injuring many others.
An eyewitness said on Sunday that the gunmen went into the church during the 5:45 am mass and identified a particular man and shot him.

He said that the gunmen later went on a rampage and shot at the remaining worshippers numbering over 100.
ALSO SEE: Kidnappings: IGP canvasses for more community policing
Scores of people were killed in the church while other critically injured worshippers died on the way to the Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital, Nnewi.
The source, however, said the priest of the church was not wounded in the incident.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Garba Umar, confirmed the incidence, adding that more details would be given after investigations.
-
Business5 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Latest6 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business4 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Business3 days agoNigeria’s foreign debt climbs 22% to $51.86bn under Tinubu administration
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoIs France Real or Playing Ping Pong With Africa?
-
Comments and Issues5 days agoThe “Onuku” Called Kenneth Okonkwo

