About four weeks after over-running the US-backed Afghan government, the Taliban has eventually formed a government.
The government, fully macho, is however peopled by many on FBI terrorist list, wanted for marshalling terrorist attacks against coalition forces occupying Afghan since 2001.
Again, the foremost leader of the sect, Mullah Haibatullah Akhundzada, has no appointment yet.
Mullah Mohammad Hassan Akhund now the head of Afghanistan’s new government, according Taliban head of media, Zabihullah Mujahid, on Tuesday.
The son of the late founder Mullah Omar, Mullah Mohammad Yaqoob was named as defence minister.
Sirajuddin Haqqani, the son of Haqqani network founder, is the interior minister. The organisation is on a United States terrorism list.
Haqqani is wanted by the FBI for his role in suicide attacks and ties with Al Qaeda.
Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, head of Taliban’s political wing, is Akhund’s deputy.
Friend of Omar, Baradar commanded attacks against U.S. forces, and later negotiated America’s withdrawal.
Baradar was arrested, jailed in Pakistan in 2010, and became head of the fundamentalist group’s political office in Doha after release in 2018.
The Talian has declared it is now a changed group, different from what it was 20 years ago, respecting women rights and education.
China, Russia, Turkey and other nations are ready to recognize the new government, especially as it embraces civilization.
The US has also said it will recognize the Taliban if the Asian country meets certain conditions.
Below is the full list:
- Head of State: Mullah Hassan Akhund
- First Deputy: Mullah Baradar
- Second Deputy: Mawlavi Hannafi
- Acting Minister of Defense: Mullah Yaqoub
- Acting Minister of Interior: Serajuddin Haqqani
- Acting Foreign Minister: Amir Khan Muttaqi
- Acting Finance Minister: Mullah Hedayatullah Badri
- Acting Education Minister: Sheikh Mawlawi Noorullah
- Acting Minister for Information and Culture: Mullah Khairullah Khairkhah
- Acting Minister of Economy: Qari Din Hanif
- Acting Minister for Hajj and Religious Affairs: Mawlawi Noor Mohammad Saqib
- Acting Minister of Justice: Mawlawi Abdul Hakim Sharie
- Acting Minister of Borders and Tribal Affairs: Mullah Noorullah Noori
- Acting Minister of Rural Rehabilitation and Development: Mullah Mohammad Younus Akhundzada
- Acting Minister of Public Work: Mullah Abdul Manan Omari
- Acting Minister of Mines and Petroleum: Mullah Mohammad Esa Akhund
- Acting Minister of Refugees: Khalilurahman Haqqani
- Acting Director of Intelligence: Abdul Haq Wasiq
- Acting Director of the Central Bank: Haji Mohammad Idris
- Acting Director of the Administrative Office of the President: Ahmad Jan Ahmady