Featured
Hope rises for Ekweremadu after court ruling
A Federal High Court in Abuja has ordered the Nigeria Immigration Service and others to release the official details of David Nwamini to former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, Channels reports.
Recall that Ekweremadu and his wife, Beatrice, were arrested last week by the London Metropolitan Police for allegedly conspiring to bring a child to the UK for organ harvesting.
The couple was tried at the Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court in London and denied bail as the prosecutors claimed that David Ukpo Nwamini, the victim who alleged that he was coerced to donate his kidney to the Senator’s daughter, is said to be 15 years old.
However, there have been contrary claims that Ukpo is 21 years old.
Although the Met police said Nwamini was 15, the NIS said it issued an international passport indicating his age as 21 after due process.
Ekweremadu and his wife through their counsel and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Adegboyega Awomolo, on June 27 sued NIMC and four others asking the courts to order the agencies to produce Ukpo’s documents which confirm him as not being a minor.
-
Football6 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business6 days agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Featured3 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business4 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Business5 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Featured3 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Business5 days agoDeep offshore tax order to unlock $50bn investment, boost oil output–Ojulari
-
Aviation1 week agoAir Peace suspends flights as aviation unions block Lagos, Abuja terminals


