Crime
Alleged Jungle Justice: Police drag 30 suspects to court
Following last week’s discoveries in Lagos of dens of kidnappers and ritualists and the hacking to death of some of the suspects, the Lagos State Police Command on Monday disclosed the arrest of 30 people suspected to have mobbed the kidnappers.
Making this revelation, the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni admitted that the suspects were arrested because when they were asked to sheath their sword, they refused to leave the suspects that were smoked out of the tunnels.
National Daily recalls that two sites marked as kidnappers’ dens were discovered at Ajala, in Ojokoro along the Lagos/Abeokuta Expressway on the 8th August, and another at Ile-Zik at Ikeja on the 9th August leading to the setting ablaze of two suspects.
CP Fatai Owoseni said that the 30 suspects were arrested at Ile-Zik and Ajala after an appeals to them by the police to disperse the place fell on deaf ears, noting they had no option that to arrest them.
Owoseni explained, “We have in our custody 30 suspects that were picked from these places and they will be arraigned today (Monday), for disturbing public peace and attacking police officers on duty.
“It will no longer be bark alone now, but we will also bite. As we arraign the suspects, we are emphasizing that security agencies will no longer fold their arms and let the people turn the command to a lawless place.
‘We are also appealing to residents that anytime they observe any suspicious movements or identify locations as a place for criminal purpose, please report to security agencies.

“We assure members of the public that complaints of no response and late response from emergency numbers will be addressed.
“You can also reach senior police officers through distributed numbers. We will ensure that any suspect on whom information is given will be investigated diligently and prosecuted with good evidence, “he said.
“We need vital evidence and witnesses to testify like they did in the case of Ajala. Anyone that has been a victim of rape or any attack should please show up so that we can put the evidence together for a successful prosecution,” he reiterated.
-
Featured6 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business1 week agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Business7 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Featured6 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest6 days agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Business1 week agoDeep offshore tax order to unlock $50bn investment, boost oil output–Ojulari
-
Business7 days agoPound climbs to N1,837 as Naira holds steady amid stronger FX market liquidity
-
Latest6 days agoOsun poll: Chaos in Ejigbo as voters, INEC officials run for safety


