Buhari Village: Children, women among 32 casualties of NAF airstrike

Spread the love

Yobe State Emergency Management Agency, (SEMA) has confirmed 32 casualties in the airstrike on Buhari in the Yunusar1 LGA of Yobe on Sept. 15.

The Nigeria Air Force claimed it targeted a Boko/ISWAP population in Buhari village.

The admission of the tactical error came after its initial denial of bombing.

So far, nine people were killed in the strike while no fewer than 23 others were injured.

SEMA’s Executive Secretary, Dr. Mohammed Goje who visited the village on behalf of the state government to commiserate with the affected victims and their families confirmed this.

“These include 5 children, 10 adult males and 8 adult females were hospitalised and are currently receiving treatment free of charge at Government Hospital. 2 patients have already been transferred to Government Teaching Hospital for advanced medical care and unfortunately 9 persons died and have since been buried”, he said.

As directed by Gov Mai Buni, Goje said, “Cash was given to all the patients’ caregivers to enable them sustain themselves while taking care of the survivors in the hospital.

“Additionally, a food basket was given to each household of survivors and representatives of deceased”, Goje said.

Addressing Buwari community members, Dr. Goje assured members of timely response to cushion their hardship, especially with panic amongst the community members.

“A powered battery and diesel were also provided to immediately operationalize the only water borehole in the community”, he said.

 

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY