Dowen College opens up on death of 12-year old student

Spread the love



Following reports that one of its students, a 12-year old boy allegedly died as a result of injuries sustained when he was attacked by fellow students in the school premises, Dowen College has finally given its own side of the story.

The initial report on the social media stated, “This is my 12- year-old cousin that was beaten to death at a school that cost over one million naira. They tried to put him in a cult, he refused and they killed him. Secondary school o.

In a statement by the Principal of the College, Mrs Adebisi Layiwola, the school debunked the social media report, stating that the boy was not attacked as speculated in the report.

She disclosed that the preliminary findings of the school, on November 21, 2021, revealed that one of the parents reported to the management that the young boy was injured while playing football.

READ ALSOOyo suspends female student who invaded school with thugs

The statement read, “He was in class on Monday 22nd day of November 2021, but during school hours one of his friends accompanied him to the Sick Bay, where he complained of some pains in his hip.

“The doctor examined him and prescribed Ibuprofen for the pain, while the nurse massaged his leg, after which he felt a bit better.

“In accordance with the school’s policy, the resident doctor called his mother and reported the incident and requested that she should come for him so that he could get further medical attention.

“The mother however, said that she was not in Lagos, spoke and prayed with him on the phone and promised to send the guardian to pick him up immediately for further medical attention.

“When the guardian failed to show up, the next day on the 23rd of November 2021, the doctor called the mother again and this time, she assured that his guardian would pick him from school.

“His guardian showed up and took him for X-ray after which the guardian informed the school management that the results of the investigation revealed that no part of his body was broken or injured.

“The resident doctor also called the mother later in the week to check his progress, but she informed the doctor that he was sleeping at the time”.