Football
Enyimba’s July return to Aba shifted
The Commissioner for Information in Abia, Chief John Okiyi, has said government’s plan to re-open Enyimba Stadium in Aba this month is no longer feasible,National Daily gathered.
Okiyi, made the disclosure in Umuahia on Friday while speaking to newsmen on the extent of job that has been carried out on playing turf.
He said 98 percent of the work which is worth One billion Euro had been completed.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the contract is being handled by a Bayelsa-based company, Monimichelle Group.
The commissioner further hinted that the pitch was ready but the entire contract had only reached 80 per cent completion.
He added that the larger contract included the construction of tartan tracks and re-roofing of the stands.
However, Okiyi promised that Enyimba would return to the stadium in September, when the entire job would have been fully completed.
“Of course, the team needs to train and practice on the new turf for at least four months before hosting their home matches at the facility.
“But if the team can be made to play closed door, I can assure you that the pitch is ready for them because the contractor has completed his job by 98 per cent.
He disclosed that the Confederation of African Football (CAF) would inspect the facility and give its approval before it would be open for matches.
-
Football7 days agoWAFCON 2026: Super Falcons battle South Africa for World Cup play-off spot
-
Latest1 week agoOsun 2026: Oyinlola group backs Oyebamiji, faults Adeleke over exclusion
-
Business5 days agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Football4 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business4 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Featured2 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Aviation6 days agoAir Peace suspends flights as aviation unions block Lagos, Abuja terminals
-
Latest5 days agoOsun 2026: Adeleke, Oyebamiji Clash Over N650bn, ‘Federal Might’ ahead of poll


