Finally Trump reacts to Iran’s missile attacks on US bases

President of the United States of America, Donald Trump, has officially reacted to the multiple missiles attack on two US bases in Iraq on Tuesday, noting that the US is ready to embrace peace “with all those who seek peace”.

In a broadcast on Wednesday, Trump debunked claims by the Iran that about 80 American soldiers had been killed in retaliation for the murder of Qasem Soleimani, an Iranian general.

He said no American was hurt in the missiles fired by Iran, “Iran appears to be standing down, which is a good thing for all parties concerned and a very good thing for the world,” he said.

“To the people and leaders of Iran, we want you to have a future and a great future, one that you deserve. One of prosperity at home and harmony with the nations of the world. The United States is ready to embrace peace with all who seek it.”

The US president also said his administration would impose fresh sanctions on Iran in response to the attack on American forces Iraq.

He said as long as he remains president of the US, Iran would never be allowed to have a nuclear weapon.

“The United States will immediately impose additional punishing economic sanctions on the Iranian regime,” he said.

“These powerful sanctions will remain until Iran changes its behaviour. In recent months alone, Iran has seized ships in international waters, fired an unprovoked strike on Saudi Arabia and shot down two American drones.

“Our missiles are big, powerful, accurate, lethal and fast,” he said, a warning tucked into a speech that otherwise indicated an easing of strain. The fact that we have this great military and equipment, however, does not mean we have to use it. We do not want to use it. American strength, both military and economic, is the best deterrent.”

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY