Latest
Group takes over Lagos streets, protest high cost of living
Take It Back Movement, a human rights group, has commenced a protest in Lagos over the economic hardship in the country.
On Monday, the group mobilized its members for the protest.
Protesters carried placards with various inscriptions in the Ojuelegba area and other parts of Lagos state.
The group had earlier declared a protest for Monday and asked its members to join the two-day protest declared by the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) over the economic crisis gripping the country.
On Sunday, Adegoke Fayoade, Lagos commissioner of police, said the command would not tolerate the disruption of commercial activities during the planned protest.
READ ALSO: NLC says no going back on planned nationwide protest
Fayoade warned that protesters who infringed on the rights of other Nigerians would be punished.
The nationwide protest declared by the NLC is scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday.
The Department of State Services (DSS) had called on the NLC to shelve the protest, while the federal government said the planned demonstration is in contempt of a court order restraining the union from embarking on an industrial action.
-
Latest3 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Featured3 days agoObasanjo faults Tinubu’s economic reforms, calls them necessary but poorly designed
-
Business3 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Business4 days agoAnger, debate trail proposed $1.25bn loan amid concerns over Nigeria’s debt surge
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Latest3 days agoWike says Makinde’s presidential ambition dead on arrival
-
Featured4 days agoWike dismisses political speculation over meeting with APC Chairman Yilwatda
-
Latest6 days agoWike loyalists dominate As APC clears 33 aspirants for Rivers Assembly primaries, 65 disqualified

