Crime
Gunmen demands N6m for kidnapped worshipers in Ogun
Gunmen who invaded the Cherubim and Seraphim Church, along Railway Station, Obada-Oko, in the Ewekoro Local Government Area of Ogun State on Sunday and kidnapped three worshipers have demanded N6m ransom.
A source said the victims had just finished a vigil when the incident happened.
Our correspondent learnt that the kidnappers, after a few hours, demanded N6m as ransom for the victims, identified as Ifeoluwa Alani-Bello, Adebare Oduntan and Mary Oliyide.
READ ALSO: Gunmen attack Ogun church and abduct 3 worshippers
The state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the incident.
He said the anti-kidnapping unit of the command had been dispatched to partner the Obada Oko division of the police to rescue the victims.
“It should also be noted that the police had warned members of the public against having vigils and religious activities in areas considered being isolated and that if at all such places of worship want to have programmes, they should inform the police so that patrols could be extended to such areas and adequate security provided,” he added.
-
Football1 week agoWAFCON 2026: Super Falcons battle South Africa for World Cup play-off spot
-
Latest1 week agoOsun 2026: Oyinlola group backs Oyebamiji, faults Adeleke over exclusion
-
Football5 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business5 days agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Featured2 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business4 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Business3 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Featured3 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool


