Latest
Metuh’s health worsens
Former Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Olisa Metuh has been admitted at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital.
There were fears over Metuh’s state of health when anonymous source disclosed that he was rushed to a medical facility in Anambra following a sudden breakdown.
There were fears over Metuh’s state of health when anonymous source disclosed that he was rushed to a medical facility in Anambra following a sudden breakdown.
Metuh has been facing a corruption charge, and could not appear for his trial at an Abuja High Court on Jan. 22 on health grounds.
Prof. Anthony Igwegbe, Chief Medical Director (CMD) of NAUTH, who confirmed that Metu was on admission at the hospital, declined further comments.
Prof. Anthony Igwegbe, Chief Medical Director (CMD) of NAUTH, who confirmed that Metu was on admission at the hospital, declined further comments.
But, according to NAN, a member of Metuh’s family at the hospital expressed worries over his deteriorating state of health. Mr Luke Metuh, a family member, said Metu met with them last week and billed to return to Abuja but was rushed to NAUTH from Awka, Anambra capital, following a serious breakdown in the early hours of Saturday.
ALSO SEE: Pictures of Falae’s farm burnt
He said his brother who had been visiting a hospital every month since 2016 was stabilised in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) before his referral to the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) could be effected.
He described his state of health as deteriorating and appeal that their son be allowed to have access to better health services.
“He has had spinal cord related ailment which made him go about with waist brace for 15 years but it has deteriorated since he was held in custody and no longer get routine medical attention.
“The doctor taking care of him has already referred him to UNTH, Enugu for further investigation and possibly surgery but is waiting for him to be stable before the movement in order not to aggravate the situation.
“What we are appealing for is that he should be allowed to access the best of medical services,” he said.
-
Football1 week agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Featured5 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business6 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Business1 week agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Featured5 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest5 days agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Business1 week agoDeep offshore tax order to unlock $50bn investment, boost oil output–Ojulari
-
Business6 days agoPound climbs to N1,837 as Naira holds steady amid stronger FX market liquidity


