Former Presidential aide, Reno Omokri has lashed out at the Buhari-led administration over the increasing exchange rate of the Naira to Dollar.
He stated that the Naira was stable at N150 to $1 for 4 years of Jonathan’s government, and also alleged that only rose to N199 a month to the 2015 election, because of the money Tinubu and Amaechi were allegedly spending to elect Buhari.
Also alleging that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo is scheming to take over from President Buhari, he added that the Naira has less value than the Zimbabwean dollar.
Reno Omokri also listed other items he claimed were bought at lower amounts before the current administration took over.
The Naira was stable at N150 to $1 for 4 years of Jonathan. It only rose to N199 a month to the 2015 election, because of the money Tinubu and Amaechi were spending to elect Buhari. You guys said GEJ was bad. Now, it is N565 to $1. At this point, the Naira has less value than the Zimbabwean dollar. And Osinbajo (who is scheming to take over from Buhari) says it is not low enough!
I hope you guys are enjoying your good? Just in case you have forgotten how ‘bad’ things were under Jonathan, let me remind you again:
- 50kg bag of rice was 8000
bag of cement was 800
- Fuel was 87
- Electricity tariff was half the current rate
- The unemployment rate was single digit
- $1 was N150 (?199 in 2015)
- Lagos-Abuja air fare was 10,000
- Brand new tear rubber Kia Cerato was 3.6 million
- A bottle of Coke was N60
- A tin of Peak milk was N80
- Banditry was nonexistent in the Northwest
- Killer herdsmen were being arrested and tried
Wasn’t Jonathan very bad?