Latest
Nigerian Army parades 10 repentant Boko Haram members in Maiduguri
- Foils suicide bombing in Madagali Adamawa
- Confirms arrrest of LG Chairman harbouring terrorists
Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, Major General Leo Irabor on Wednesday, paraded ten Boko Haram suspects, who were said to have surrendered and handed themselves to the Nigerian military.
The General said, the suspects, have undergone deradicalization process, adding that, although they have committed crimes against the Nigerian state, their willingness to surrender shows that they want to become responsible members of the society again.
General Irabor also said that, the theatre command has made several arrests within last week and cleared a lot of villages across the north-east.
He said, troops has also run down three suspected suicide bombers today in Madagali town of Adamawa state in the cause of the military operation in that part of the state.
The General also confirmed the arrest of the Chairman of MAFA local government area who harboured a top Boko Haram commander and his father at his resident in Maiduguri, as well as the Vice Chairman of Kaga local government area, who was also alleged to have been involve in cattle rustling.
-
Featured6 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business1 week agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Featured6 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest6 days agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Business1 week agoPound climbs to N1,837 as Naira holds steady amid stronger FX market liquidity
-
Latest6 days agoOsun poll: Chaos in Ejigbo as voters, INEC officials run for safety
-
Latest6 days agoOsun 2026: 10 LGAs that could decide the governorship election
-
Featured1 week agoOsun Decides: Security tightened as millions prepare to choose next governor


