News
No travel ban on #EndSARS protesters, says FG
The federal government has denied placing a travel ban on known faces that participated in the #EndSARS, describing the report as fake news.
An online media platform had earlier on Tuesday morning reported that the Ministry of Interior had requested from the Department of State Security (DSS) whether or not it had a profile on key supporters of the #EndSARS protests.
The media report claimed that a list has been formally circulated, and six people suspected of taking part in the #EndSARS protests were prevented from travelling last week.
But reacting to the report, the Ministry of Interior said it did not generate a ‘no-fly’ list and that reports of #EndSARS protesters getting their passports seized due to a travel ban is fake news.
The Ministry dismissed the report as fake news using its Twitter handle to reiterate, “The Ministry of Interior did not, has not, and will not generate any no-fly list. Ignore fake news please!”
-
Latest4 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Business3 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business3 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Featured4 days agoObasanjo faults Tinubu’s economic reforms, calls them necessary but poorly designed
-
Business5 days agoAnger, debate trail proposed $1.25bn loan amid concerns over Nigeria’s debt surge
-
Latest4 days agoWike says Makinde’s presidential ambition dead on arrival
-
Featured5 days agoWike dismisses political speculation over meeting with APC Chairman Yilwatda

