News
Second executive council meeting canceled within weeks of Buhari return
The weekly Federal Executive Council, FEC, meeting will not on Wednesday because the sallah break didn’t allow ministers prepared enough for the meeting,
That is the reason Information Minister Lai Mohammed gave in Kano on Tuesday.
Mohammed in a statement said the two-day public holidays declared for the Eid-el-Kabir celebrations left little or no time to prepare for the weekly meeting.
The first time the meeting was cancelled, President Muhammadu Buhari’s media said it is not compulsory to hold the meeting weekly.
ALSO SEE: More FEC meetings to be cancelled
He was responding to insinuation that Buhari, who suddenly returned from his medical sojourn in the UK, is still not fit enough to resume duty over 100-day .
Last week’s meeting was the first to be attended by President Muhammadu Buhari since April.
Buhari has missed six FEC meetings between April when his health took a dip and September when he is said to have recovered tremendously
-
Business6 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Latest6 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Comments and Issues7 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Business5 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Business4 days agoNigeria’s foreign debt climbs 22% to $51.86bn under Tinubu administration
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoIs France Real or Playing Ping Pong With Africa?
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoThe “Onuku” Called Kenneth Okonkwo

