Crime
Abducted lecturers, students of Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic regain freedom
Abducted lecturers and students of Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Zaria, Kaduna, have regained freedom, an official said on Friday.
The institution’s Public Relations Officer, Malam Abdullahi Shehu, made the disclosure in Zaria in an interview.
Shehu said that the two lecturers and six students regained freedom on Thursday night and had been reunited with their families after spending 31-day in captivity.
The National Daily reports that some gunmen attacked the polytechnic on June 10 and took away some lecturers and students.
The incident led to the death of one student while some others sustained injuries.
Shehu declined to comment on payment of ransom for the release of the lecturers and students but said that their families dialogued with their kidnappers before their release.
He advised students to be security conscious and avoid moving at night.
He assured students and the general public of improved security in the institution.
-
Football6 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business1 week agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Featured4 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business5 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Business6 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Featured4 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest4 days agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Business6 days agoDeep offshore tax order to unlock $50bn investment, boost oil output–Ojulari


