Employment
NAHCO Ground Handlers begin strike, obstruct flight operations at Lagos Airport
Ground Handlers of the Nigerian Aviation Handling Company (NAHCO) at the Murtala Muhammad International Airport, Lagos, on Monday commenced industrial action, obstructing flights operations at the airport.
The Monday strike action was in compliance with the directive of National Union of Air Transport Employees (NUATE) in a statement last week which directed its members to withdraw services from the airport on Monday.
According to the directive, “in the above regard, all NAHCO staff are hereby directed to withdraw services with effect from Monday 23, 2023. This action shall be definite until otherwise directed by the secretariats of the unions.”
The management of NAHCO was said to have obtained court injunction restraining the workers from going on strike.
One of the union members of the Air Transport Services Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (ATTSSSAN), was said to have protested that the strike was called by the workers, not the union.
Affected airlines obstructed by the industrial action include Royal Air Maroc, and Qatar Airways.
NAHCO handles check-in, boarding and ramp services for many international airlines which include Qatar Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, Air France/KLM, Delta Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Turkish Air, including domestic airlines like Air Peace.
-
Football6 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business1 week agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Featured4 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business5 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Business6 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Featured4 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest4 days agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Business6 days agoDeep offshore tax order to unlock $50bn investment, boost oil output–Ojulari


