Football
Jordi Alba: I have no bust up with Enrique
Jordi Alba has denied a bust-up with Luis Enrique after earning a Spain recall, having been snubbed by his former boss for the last two squads.
The Barcelona defender worked with Enrique during the manager’s time in charge at the Nou Camp but then found himself out of favour with the national side.
Alba categorically denied that there had been a problem between Enrique and himself.
He said: ‘There are no problems whatsoever with Enrique. He helped me a lot at Barcelona and I do not know anyone who would say a bad word about him.
‘I have never had any problems with him or his coaching. We know each other very well and this should benefit us both.
‘He is a boss who has won many titles and has had a great career. The way he deals with players is very good.’
It initially raised eyebrows when Alba was considered surplus to requirements when the left-back was a picture of consistency for Ernesto Valverde’s men.
After being surprisingly left out by Enrique for his first four games in charge, the in-form 29-year-old is back in contention.
La Roja face Croatia in their final Nations League game on Thursday before taking on Bosnia-Herzegovina on Sunday evening.
-
Latest4 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Business3 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business3 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Featured4 days agoObasanjo faults Tinubu’s economic reforms, calls them necessary but poorly designed
-
Business5 days agoAnger, debate trail proposed $1.25bn loan amid concerns over Nigeria’s debt surge
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Latest4 days agoWike says Makinde’s presidential ambition dead on arrival

