Featured
Another attack leaves one dead
By Odinta Oluma Christiana
Despite President Muhammadu Buhari’s directives to the Nigerian army to end incessant killings in Plateau state, a late evening attack on Monday at Rotsu village of Irigwe Chiefdom in Bassa local government area of the State has left one person dead and about 30 houses razed.
Rotsu is a few kilometres away from Nkyie Doghwro where 29 people were killed earlier in the day, recorded such minimal casualty as the village had been deserted following series of attacks plaguing neighbouring communities in the past one week.
Though only a life was lost, but property worth millions were razed as many houses, some with food barns, were lost in the incident.
ALSO SEE: 6 killed, 10 houses razed in Plateau fresh attack
At the time of this report, security agencies claimed they were not aware of the development but would call and confirm before commenting. They said no arrest had been made since the skirmishes began.
Economic activities in the Chiefdom as well as schools have been paralyzed and residents moving out in numbers to avoid been killed by the assailants.
However, the Operation Safe Haven has said it will investigate the purported involvement of the personnel on duty when the Nkyie Doghwro village was affected areas.
-
Football7 days agoWAFCON 2026: Super Falcons battle South Africa for World Cup play-off spot
-
Latest7 days agoOsun 2026: Oyinlola group backs Oyebamiji, faults Adeleke over exclusion
-
Business5 days agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Football4 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business4 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Featured2 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Latest5 days agoOsun 2026: Adeleke, Oyebamiji Clash Over N650bn, ‘Federal Might’ ahead of poll
-
Aviation6 days agoAir Peace suspends flights as aviation unions block Lagos, Abuja terminals


