Crime
Boko Haram kidnaps about 2 dozen of schoolgirls in Niger for marriage
Kidnappers suspected to be Boko Haram terrorists have kidnapped no fewer than 22 girls at Kurebe, Rafi LGA, Niger.
It was learnt the gunmen on Thursday stormed the community and whisked the girls between 14 and 17 years purportedly to marry them.
In the run-up to the abduction, the criminals warned parents to withdraw their girls from school, threatening they will be coming for the school children.
”They actually carried out their threat without any resistance or any security check,” a source confirming the incident said.
He said the group leader identified as Malam Sadiku has been freely preaching extremist Islamic ideology for several months in the area, and police authorities could not stop him.
Many Nigerians may not be surprised at the latest development in the state.
Niger Governor Abubakar Sani Bello had earlier raised the alarm on several occasions that an Islamic group whose mode of operation is similar to Boko Haram had hoisted its flag in Kaure a village close to Kurebe.
-
Football1 week agoWAFCON 2026: Super Falcons battle South Africa for World Cup play-off spot
-
Latest1 week agoOsun 2026: Oyinlola group backs Oyebamiji, faults Adeleke over exclusion
-
Business5 days agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Football4 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business4 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Featured2 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Aviation6 days agoAir Peace suspends flights as aviation unions block Lagos, Abuja terminals
-
Business3 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?


