Politics
Breaking: Buhari declares for second term
President Muhammadu Buhari has informed the national executive committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC) that he will be seeking a second term in office.
The information was tweeted by Nasir el-Rufai, governor of Kaduna state, on Monday.
This is the first time that Buhari will publicly announce his re-election bid, though there have been indications that he would seek another term.
When he went to Benue to commiserate with the people over the loss of lives during clashes between farmers and herdsmen, the president said he might return to the state for campaign.
Also reacting to the mammoth crowd that received him in Kano last year, Buhari said a direct message had been sent to his opponent.
The president’s supporters have been asking him to declare his second term bid. On Friday, Abdullahi Ganduje, governor of Kano state, said he would sue the president if he did not run for another term.
With his declaration, the campaign team will “swing into action”. Already a campaign office has been opened in the south-west.
-
Football7 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business1 week agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Featured5 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business6 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Business7 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Featured5 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest5 days agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Business7 days agoDeep offshore tax order to unlock $50bn investment, boost oil output–Ojulari


