Maritime
Customs auctions 314 seized vehicles through E-auction platform
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) says it has so far auctioned 314 seized smuggled vehicles through its E-Auction platform.
The Customs’ Public Relations Officer, Mr Joseph Attah, made this known in a statement in Abuja on Friday.
Attah explained that the total reserved bid amount was N87.9 million while the total bid amount paid was about N151 million.
He said the total number of cars paid for in the exercise as at Aug 25 was 187.
Attah stated that anyone still in doubt could check the printout containing names of winners and their details.
He said that since the reopening of the Customs’ e-auction platform app.trade.gov.ng/
The spokesman said the complaints were especially from those who tried unsuccessfully due to either invalid Tax Identification Numbers (TINs), inability to service e-wallet, poor network at their locations or any other reason which are all outside the jurisdiction of the Service.
“Some of these complainants appeared to have questioned the integrity of the e-auction process, hence the need for this clarification,” he said. (NAN)
-
Football1 week agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Featured5 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business6 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Business1 week agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Featured5 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest5 days agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Business1 week agoDeep offshore tax order to unlock $50bn investment, boost oil output–Ojulari
-
Business6 days agoPound climbs to N1,837 as Naira holds steady amid stronger FX market liquidity


