Sports
Fury, Usyk April 29 fight called-off
The fight between heavyweight boxing champions, Tyson Fury, and Oleksandr Usyk slated for April 29 at Wembley in London has fallen through, according to the Ukrainian’s manager, Eglis Kilmas, Daily Mail reports.
A Twitter user, Steve Kim revealed this first on his page after an interview with Kilmas on Wednesday.
He said, “Just got off the horn with Egis Klimas. He says that team Usyk is moving off the Fury fight for April 29th, and will now pursue their mandatory obligations.
“‘No matter how much Usyk compromised, he was pushed for more,’ Egis Klimas said.
“They hope to have him back in June/July #boxing.”
There has been a long-standing war of words between the two camps, and while a date of April 29 has been discussed for a mammoth meeting, nothing had been confirmed.
Frank Warren, Fury’s promoter, is hopeful that a deal can be resurrected in the next 24 hours but the likelihood is that this late disagreement could be fatal.
-
Business5 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Latest6 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Comments and Issues7 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Business5 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Business4 days agoNigeria’s foreign debt climbs 22% to $51.86bn under Tinubu administration
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoIs France Real or Playing Ping Pong With Africa?
-
Comments and Issues5 days agoThe “Onuku” Called Kenneth Okonkwo

