Latest
Kano Pilgrims Board registers 4,000 intending pilgrims
The Kano State Pilgrims Welfare Board says it has so far registered no fewer than 4,000 intending pilgrims this year.
The Executive Secretary of the Board, Alhaji Muhammed Abba, made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday in Kano.
According to him, the board is still attending to more intending pilgrims who are coming for registration.
“We have opened 16 induction courses across the 44 Local Government Areas in the state for Saturday and Sunday till Ramadan period.
“After Ramadan, additional 32 course centres will be opened within the state with daily inductors.
“Also, 318 tutors will lecture intending pilgrims on daily basis,” he said.
Abba explained that the board would collaborate with security agencies, including the Nigeria Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), the Military and Nigeria Immigration Service to enlighten pilgrims on what is expected of them.
He added that the board would also distribute pamphlets, audio and video to guide pilgrims on hajj administration.
-
Football7 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business1 week agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Featured5 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business5 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Business6 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Featured5 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest4 days agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Business6 days agoDeep offshore tax order to unlock $50bn investment, boost oil output–Ojulari


