News
Leaked memo: Buhari expresses shock over content
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed his shock over the content of the leaked memo written by the Minister of State for Petroleum resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu to him.
National Daily gathered from reliable source within the Villa, that the President was furious when he learnt that the Minister had tried to see him, and was prevented.
According to the source, President Buhari said he never got any memo nor any complaints from the Minister of State until Tuesday when he read the memo from an online news site.
Although, Dr. Kachikwu has expressed displeasure over the leakage to public, the memo has been trending, and he has reportedly secured an appointment with President Muhammadu Buhari for today, October 5, over the leaked memo.
In the memo, Nigeria’s minister of state for petroleum resources, Ibe Kachikwu, laid some accusations at the door of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). Kachikwu accused Maikanti Baru, general managing director of the NNPC of undermining his office and dragging the reputation of the corporation in the mud.
ALSO SEE: Kachikwu moves Senate against NNPC boss Baru
According to Ibe Kachikwu, Baru has failed to consult and carry him along in the activities of the corporation. He also alleged that Baru was already hindering all the envisaged positive changes for the oil and gas sector.
He also accused the NNPC GMD of awarding contracts running into billions of dollar without due process. Kachikwu said against the rules, some major contracts were never reviewed or discussed with him or the board of NNPC.
He listed some of the contracts as: The crude Term contracts- value at over $10bn The DSDP contracts – value over $5bn The AKK pipeline contract- value approximately $3bn various financing allocation funding contracts with the NOCs- value over $3bn Various NPDC production service contracts- value at over $3bn-$4bn.
Ibe Kachikwu also mentioned the fact that after several attempts he had been unable to meet the Nigerian president to discuss but was being blocked by some powerful people in the Presidency.
-
Featured6 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business1 week agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Business7 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Featured6 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest6 days agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Business1 week agoDeep offshore tax order to unlock $50bn investment, boost oil output–Ojulari
-
Business7 days agoPound climbs to N1,837 as Naira holds steady amid stronger FX market liquidity
-
Latest6 days agoOsun poll: Chaos in Ejigbo as voters, INEC officials run for safety


