News
LG boss urges KEDCO to restore power supply in Kafanchan
Mr Peter Averik, Chairman of Jema’a local government council in Kaduna State, has appealed to Kaduna Electricity Distribution Company (KEDCO) to restore power supply in the area to prevent crime.
Averik said this on Wednesday in Kafanchan when he spoke with newsmen on the state of affairs of the council.
He said that the blackout had crippled several businesses and rendered many people jobless.
He added that the situation if not addressed, may increase crime rate in the area, as many youths had been rendered jobless.
“The blackout is having an adverse impact on the people, especially small business owners, who are bearing the brunt.
“If the situation doesn’t change, it could lead to escalation of social vices as idle minds are devil’s workshop,” he said.
He said it was sad that the management of KEDCO was unyielding to interventions by stakeholders and civil society organisations on the issue.
The council boss appealed to KEDCO to consider the plight of the people and restore electricity supply in the area.
The New Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that KEDCO had on Jan. 18, shut down its operations in Kafanchan, following a protest over epileptic power supply and outrageous bills.
The protest later turned violent, resulting in the torching of a car as well as several motorcycles at the KEDCO office.
-
Football6 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business1 week agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Featured4 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business5 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Business6 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Featured4 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest4 days agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Business6 days agoDeep offshore tax order to unlock $50bn investment, boost oil output–Ojulari


