NASS fails to transmit 2018 Budget to Buhari – Udo Udoma
The Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udo Udoma, at the end of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting on Wednesday, said that the 2018 budget passed last week by the National Assembly is yet to be transmitted to President Muhammadu Buhari for assent.
The Minster remarked that a media report credited to him that Buhari would not sign the budget was not true because the President was yet to receive it.
“The President is yet to receive the budget. It is, therefore, impossible to make a statement about the budget that has not been received.
“Once we get it, we will work very quickly on it.
“When it is submitted, I am sure the National Assembly themselves will inform Nigerians.” he said.
The two Chambers of the National Assembly, the Senate and the House of Representatives, passed the 2018 budget on Wednesday, May 16, 2018, six months after it was presented by the President on November 7, 2017.
The lawmakers raised the total figure from N8.6 trillion to N9.1 trillion.
The House of Representatives spokesperson had last week said that final clean would be done between Monday and Tuesday, thereafter, the budget would be transmitted to the President on Wednesday. He raised the hope that President Buhari would get the budget this week, but the minister had observed that the President is yet to receive the budget, indicating that the National Assembly have broken its promises or may not have thorough work even before passing the budget last week.