Football
World Cup 2018: Hazard reaches out to Salah
By Boluwatife Ezekiel Olaleye
Chelsea forward, Eden Hazard has sent a message to injured Egyptian winger, Mohamad Salah.
The Beigium forward said he hopes Salah will recover from the injury in time to make a big impact at the World Cup.
Salah is a major doubt for the tournament as a result of the shoulder injury he sustained during last month’s Champions League final.
Despite Salah insisting he is hopeful of participating in Russia, Egypt’s coach, Hector Cuper admits he is planning on being unable to utilise the 25-year-old’s goalscoring talents
Hazard scored as Belgium had a comfortable 3-0 win over Egypt in Wednesday’s World Cup warm-up friendly in Brussels and told On Sports that he hopes his former Chelsea teammate will be able to make it to his country’s first World Cup appearance since 1990.
Hazard said, “Salah is a friend and I wish he will recover before the World Cup.
“Egypt are a good team. They have many good players and I think they will perform well in the World Cup. Egypt are a compact team and they are very organised.”
-
Football1 week agoWAFCON 2026: Super Falcons battle South Africa for World Cup play-off spot
-
Latest1 week agoOsun 2026: Oyinlola group backs Oyebamiji, faults Adeleke over exclusion
-
Football5 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business5 days agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Featured2 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business4 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Business3 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Featured2 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool


