Featured
Afghanistan: Taliban breaks own promise, begins killing
At least three people were killed and more than a dozen injured after Taliban militants opened fire during protests against the group in the Afghan city of Jalalabad August 18.
According to Reuters, two witnesses and a former police official confirmed the incident.
The Jalalabad incident made it the second on a single day following the press conference where the Taliban presented itself as changed, promising freedom and civil rights.
Earlier in the day, a source in Nangarhar’s health department said that at least two people were killed and 12 others injured after the Taliban opened fire at protesters in Nangarhar province.
According to the witnesses said the deaths took place when local residents tried to install Afghanistan’s national flag at a square in the city, some 150 km (90 miles) to the east of Kabul.
Taliban spokesmen have not responded to either of the incidents.
-
Business5 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Latest6 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business5 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Business3 days agoNigeria’s foreign debt climbs 22% to $51.86bn under Tinubu administration
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoIs France Real or Playing Ping Pong With Africa?
-
Comments and Issues5 days agoThe “Onuku” Called Kenneth Okonkwo

