News
FG to ban Hijab if – President Buhari
By OKOSUN OKHUELEIGBE
President Mohammadu Buhari said on Wednesday in Abuja during a media chat that he might be compelled to ban the wearing of Hijab by Moslem women if the bombing orchestrated by Boko Haram insurgents continues.
He said he might be compelled to follow the footsteps of other countries like Chad, Cameroon that have banned Hijab due to
terrorism if Boko Haram bombing continues.
“If they (Boko Haram) continue to use these innocent girls for explosion, Hijab will have to be banned,”
“The bases of operation now is using innocent girls with the Islamic outfit Hijab
to blow up places. Hijab wearers now have to go through security checks, before entering public places,” President Buhari added.
While responding to a question about the war on terrorism being technically won, but with avalanche of bombing last week in Maiduguri that left so many people killed, Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari insisted that his administration has technically won the war against Boko Haram, because the issues of explosions in established institutions have stopped
-
Featured1 week agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Latest1 week agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Featured1 week agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest1 week agoOsun poll: Chaos in Ejigbo as voters, INEC officials run for safety
-
Latest1 week agoOsun poll: Adeleke accuses Police of aiding APC supporters to disrupt voting [VIDEO]
-
Latest5 days agoTinubu files: US Judge grants four-day extension in FOIA disclosure battle
-
Latest1 week agoOsun Decides: INEC declares Adeleke winner
-
Featured5 days agoBeyond Osun 2026: What Adeleke’s re-election reveals about Nigeria’s road to 2027


