News
Gunmen abduct popular Lagos businessman and two others; demand $1.5m ransom
The managing director of electronic distributor Fouani Group, Mohamed Fouani, has been reportedly abducted by unknown gunmen in Lagos.
Fouani was abducted alongside two others during an ambush in Ikoyi on Friday, June 14.
Police spokesman Benjamin Hundeyin confirm the incident and said he was not yet briefed on the attack on Saturday afternoon but maintained an investigation had already commenced to unravel the situation.
Multiple sources with information said it occurred near Falomo Bridge. Fouani Group, run by Mohamed Fouani and other prominent Lebanese businesspeople, is the major distributor of LG and Hisense products in Nigeria.
Sources said the abductors had contacted people near the victims for a ransom of $1.5 million, the report added.
-
Business5 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Latest6 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business4 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Business3 days agoNigeria’s foreign debt climbs 22% to $51.86bn under Tinubu administration
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoIs France Real or Playing Ping Pong With Africa?
-
Comments and Issues5 days agoThe “Onuku” Called Kenneth Okonkwo

