Sports
Lebron James considers retirement after Laker’s loss
American professional basketball player, LeBron James, 38, is reportedly considering retirement from basketball after Denver Nuggets swept out Los Angeles Lakers from the National Basketball Association league playoffs on Monday.
TNT broadcaster, Chris Haynes, citing league sources, said that James’s retirement was “under consideration.”
Lakers’ defeat which brought the curtain down on James’ 20th season in the league fuelled speculation about his future in a cryptic post-game press conference, saying that he planned to take time to reflect on the next stage of his career after the Lakers’ exit.
James said the campaign had been ‘challenging’ when asked to reflect on the past season, in which he became the league’s all-time leading points scorer that took Lakers to the brink of the NBA finals.
“I don’t know. I think it was okay. I don’t like to say it’s a successful year because I don’t play for anything besides winning championships at this point in my career,” said James, who delivered a vintage 40-point performance in the Lakers’ 113-111 loss on Monday.
James signed a two-year contract extension with the Lakers last August that would keep him at the club through the 2024-2025 season.
-
Latest4 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Business3 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business3 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Featured4 days agoObasanjo faults Tinubu’s economic reforms, calls them necessary but poorly designed
-
Business5 days agoAnger, debate trail proposed $1.25bn loan amid concerns over Nigeria’s debt surge
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Latest4 days agoWike says Makinde’s presidential ambition dead on arrival

