The President Muhammadu Buhari-led government would take serious exception to the mobilisation of the parents of the kidnapped Chbok girls to score political advantage or exploit the tragedy to play to the gallery.
The Buhari Media Support Group stated this while intervening in a protest rally staged by the Chibok community people living in Abuja and the Bring Back Our Girls Group on Monday.
Mohamed Labbo, a member of the pro-Buhari group, said dragging the parents of the victims to Abuja for endless demonstrations would only compound a bad situation, and give them the impression that a rescue mission is that simple.
According to him, the BringBackOur Girls Group should not claim monopoly of patriotism and humanity over the government by seeking to undermine the silent efforts of the military to map out strategies to safely rescue the girls.
The BBOG and the Chibok natives said they regretted voting for Buhari who had promised to rescue the girls if he was voted. The group added that the APC has run out of excuses for its inability to bring back the girls abducted by Boko Haram’s fighters in 2014.
The Monday protest was sparked by Boko Haram’s video released last week showing one of the girls, Meida Yakubu, appealing to the government to consider the swap deal their abductors proposed to the government.
As the protest moved on towards Aso Rock for the usual meet-up the group has always had with the president, security agents, including the police, intercepted the protesters, and prevented them from entering the premises.