Latest
Military deactivates 30 illegal refineries in 2 weeks – DHQ
Military deactivates 30 illegal refineries in 2 weeks – DHQ.
The Defence Headquarters, says troops of Operation Delta Safe have discovered and deactivated no fewer than 30 illegal crude oil refining sites in Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Abia.
The Director, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. Bernard Onyeuko, announced this on Thursday in Abuja while briefing newsmen on ongoing military operations across the country.
Onyeuko said the operations were conducted in the last two weeks in the South-South zone of the country.
He said 29 cooking ovens, nine receivers, 12 coolants, 73 storage metal tanks, 248 polythene bags, 16 boilers, pumping machines, 14 wooden boats and 29 dugout pits were destroyed.
According to him, two speed boats, four trucks, one bus, 44 drums of AGO, three outboard engines, one Berretta pistol, three locally made pistols and eight explosive devices have been evacuated by the troops
The defence spokesman said the troops also destroyed 57 galvanised pipes and arrested 25 economic saboteurs during the period.
He said that a total of 2.8 million litres of crude oil and 3.8 million litres of Automotive Gas Oil (AGO) were recovered within the period under review.
Onyeuko said all the recovered items had been handed over to appropriate authority for further action.
-
Business6 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Comments and Issues1 week agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Latest1 week agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Comments and Issues1 week agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Business5 days agoNigeria’s foreign debt climbs 22% to $51.86bn under Tinubu administration
-
Comments and Issues1 week agoIs France Real or Playing Ping Pong With Africa?
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoThe “Onuku” Called Kenneth Okonkwo
-
Business6 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector

