Featured
Buhari sacks Immigration boss, Martin Abeshi
President Muhammadu Buhari reportedly sacked the comptroller-general of Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS), Martin Abeshi, on Tuesday, May 17. According to Vanguard, the federal government’s decision may be connected with his handling of the recent replacement in the service.
Meanwhile, the staff of the NIS were seen jubilating when the news filtered into their headquarters. Some officers have recently exposed the corrupt activities of the comptroller general in the posting of personnel for foreign trips. In a petition written to President Muhammadu Buhari, they accused Abeshi of collecting money from officers eager to travel abroad on foreign missions. The aggrieved officers called on the president to investigate the allegation within the NIS and stop the corrupt activities in the service.
Abeshi was appointed in September 2015 to replace former comptroller general, David Parradang, who was fingered in the tragic 2014 recruitment scandal. At the time the new Immigration boss was appointed, he had already been slated to proceed on a three-month terminal leave beginning from October 2015. Abeshi was said to have been having running battle with some of his deputies and assistants, who were not happy that their boss was still in office when he ought to have retired from the service since December 2015.
Source: Naij
-
Latest3 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Business3 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Featured4 days agoObasanjo faults Tinubu’s economic reforms, calls them necessary but poorly designed
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business4 days agoAnger, debate trail proposed $1.25bn loan amid concerns over Nigeria’s debt surge
-
Latest3 days agoWike says Makinde’s presidential ambition dead on arrival
-
Featured4 days agoWike dismisses political speculation over meeting with APC Chairman Yilwatda
-
Latest6 days agoWike loyalists dominate As APC clears 33 aspirants for Rivers Assembly primaries, 65 disqualified

